This Discovering Gallon Man—Measuring Up lesson plan also includes:
Isn't being pint-sized just one-eighth of a gallon? The class investigates the relationships between the different customary units of liquid measurement in instructional activity five of a seven-part unit to develop various skills. Using the relationships, pupils practice converting liquid measurements.
- Extend the conversions to include fluid ounces
- Pupils should be comfortable with using proportional reasoning
- Requires gallon, quart, pint, and cup containers
- Contains a graphic to help remember customary volume conversions
- Includes suggestions for extensions
- Provides anticipated answers for questions