This Discovering Diwali lesson plan also includes:
Learn more about the festivals of India with an enriching activity on Diwali! After middle schooler research information about the Hindu holiday, they write an essay about its origin, who celebrates it, and the sights and sounds of the festivities.
- Create an interdisciplinary unit between language arts and social studies during a focus on world religions
- Follow the extension ideas for more ways to bring Diwali into the classroom.
- The dates for Diwali vary every year, but are typically in the end of October and the beginning of November
- Provides options for differentiating the lesson for English learners, struggling readers, and advanced writers
- Focuses on the celebration of an international holiday