This Discovering Dilations lesson plan also includes:
Scale up the dilation factor. Using a dynamic geometry software program, classmates discover the relationship between a pre-image and its image after performing a dilation. Individuals create their own dilations and fellow class members try to determine the scale used.
- Spend one class period allowing the pupils to become familiar with the software and its tools
- Have individuals print their dilations for the What's My Scale activity
- Pupils need access to GeoGebra
- Includes a document to explain the software tools needed for the lesson
- Contains answer keys
- Provides timing suggestions for each activity and section of the lesson