This Digging the Plots lesson plan also includes:
Don't get boxed in by the comparisons. The lesson begins by reviewing statistical measurements. Using two provided data sets, pupils create box plots to represent them. Pairs then work to answer questions about the box plots and make comparisons between the two distributions.
- Group individuals based on their performance on the first activity
- The class should know how to create and read a box plot
- Requires knowledge of how to find the values of central tendency
- Includes suggestions for accommodations
- Contains answer keys for each activity