This Digging into Halloween lesson plan also includes:
- Research Writing: An Introduction for 4th Grade
- Develop a Research Question
- Documenting Research: Sorting and Recording Information About the Wheelwright
- Note-Taking: K.I.S.S. "Keep It Short and Simple"
- Outline It!
- Research Skills Grades 4th-6th
- Research Graphic Organizers Grades 4th-6th
- Research Projects for Grades 4th-6th
- Writing a Research Paper for Grades 4th-6th
- Join to access all included materials
Halloween is the topic of a writing activity that challenges scholars to research the holiday and create an information product such as a brochure or oral report. A presentation activates prior knowledge in preparation for a small group activity in which peers reference a KWL chart to identify a writing topic and the type of project they'll complete. Learners go through the writing process, share their finished products, then evaluate each project.
- Group pupils homogeneously to create a more focused approach when assisting the writing process
- Display finished products in the school's library alongside books on the subject
- Plan the sharing portion of the lesson on the day your class celebrates Halloween
- Consider that you may have class members that do not celebrate Halloween
- Class members should be familiar with the writing process
- The lesson works with any holiday or other topic
- The plan is written in detail