This Diagonally Half of Me! lesson plan also includes:
Cut straight to the proof. Given cutouts of different quadrilaterals, pupils draw diagonals. Learners cut up the figures along the diagonals to see whether they bisect each other. Scholars develop a geometric proof for the property they discovered.
- Brainstorm whether there may be other figures with diagonals that bisect each other
- Individuals need scissors and colored markers
- Copy and cut out quadrilaterals for each class member
- The kinesthetic activity is directly connected to the proof
- Includes a scaffolded proof if needed