This Develop Sub-points to Support a Thesis Statement video also includes:
A thesis has two jobs. First, it must present an opinion or claim. It also needs to outline the support a writer is going to use in his essay in order to give the reader an idea of what's to come. A video and presentation includes a step-by-step method for formulating the sub-points of a thesis.
- Watch the video and teach the concept later, or show the video to your class
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Continues a series of lessons about persuasive writing
- There are useful additional materials available on the page
- The coach's commentary is particularly helpful and provides instructional ideas for the lesson and related lessons