This Determining the Hubble Constant lesson plan also includes:
The universe is a vast expanse, full of ample opportunities to learn about math. Young scholars create a scatter plot of distances and recessional velocities of galaxies. Determining the slope of the line of best fit gives the Hubble constant.
6 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Team up with an earth science teacher for the lesson
- Pupils need to learn how to draw a line of best fit
- Some background knowledge of galaxies and the Doppler effect is beneficial
- Includes a PowerPoint presentation and activity worksheets
- Answer key is available in a separate file