This Determination of the Optimal Point lesson plan also includes:
Meet at the Fermat-Torricelli point. Individuals determine the optimal location of a facility given criteria. This means they must consider points of concurrency in a triangle, including the centroid, the incenter, the circumcenter, the orthocenter, and the Fermat-Torricelli point.
- Book a computer lab or laptop cart to use geometry software
- Learners should have experience with points of concurrency in a triangle
- It is helpful if pupils have experience with GeoGebra software
- Lists some problems for summative assessment
- Provides suggestions for accommodations and extensions