This Descriptive Writing lesson plan also includes:
Don't you just love a resource that has done the work for you, locating great materials to use with a lesson plan? This is one of those resources.
175 Views 125 Downloads
- Read the description of the rhinoceros to the class, stopping after every sentence, and have individuals use the descriptions to sketch what they are seeing in their minds' eye
- Then have class members compare their sketches
- The opening discussion asks class members to examine closely the strategies writers use to create vivid descriptions
- The images are rich in detail and provide much for writers to describe
- The provided paragraphs model great descriptive writing