This Demonstrating Translations assessment also includes:
Slide into translations. Given a vector, pupils translate a quadrilateral on a grid system. The scholars use a tracing to determine the image of a quadrilateral. They label the vertices to show the correspondence between the pre-image and the image.
- Have struggling learners translate only vertically and horizontally
- Ask learners to translate the vector into a description of the direction of movement
- The class should understand the vector notation for a translation
- Includes teacher reference videos of an instructor questioning class members
- Contains descriptions of misconceptions at different levels of understanding