This Creating an Inclusive Online Learning Space lesson plan also includes:
Are you comfortable feeling uncomfortable? Creating a supportive learning space in an online classroom can be a challenge. Teachers are the learners in this lesson that models for instructors how to create a comfortable and inclusive environment for online classrooms.
- Start each session with several class members sharing corny jokes
- Requires each pupil to have access to a computer and an online platform that supports screen sharing
- Although designed for the 2020-2021 school year, the activity is still of value for remote learning and online classrooms
- Provides a script for instructors
- Asks learners to help establish guidelines for learning sessions