This Creating a Rain Gauge activity & project also includes:
When it is pouring rain outside, it is difficult to estimate how much rain lands on Earth. Scientists use rain gauges to measure precipitation levels in centimeters. The resource allows pairs or groups of learners create rain gauges, analyze their structure, and determine best placement for the most accurate measurements.
- Use this as one station on a day when students move through weather stations in the classroom
- Extend this by comparing classroom data with local weather station data
- Cut and tape 2-liter bottles prior to implementing the lesson for safety reasons and to save time
- Activity contains levels of inquiry, extensions, and extension questions
- All necessary materials in the home
- Lists answers directly after the extension questions