This Controlling Your Behavior lesson plan also includes:
What are the rewards to learning self-control at an early age? A discussion-based lesson simulates the Stanford Marshmallow Experiment before assessing the positive and negative consequences to controlling one's behavior.
1 Collection 116 Views 46 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use the lesson for students with emotional regulation issues or for learners who have a hard time controlling their impulses in class
- Instead of a paragraph, have pupils write advice letters to their future selves regarding behavior choices and reward opportunities
- Check with district policy regarding classroom treats
- Addresses speaking and writing skills in addition to behavior control skills
- Provides links to similar lessons and resources