Challenge young learners to read between the lines with an activity that focuses on making inferences and using context clues. As class members read short passages that provide several context clues to the meaning of a word in bold, they select the most appropriate meaning from four choices.
- Include in a language arts homework packet or reading assessment
- Have writers use each word in a sentence, being sure to address context clues to illustrate the word's meaning
- Select a few questions to use as daily warm-ups
- The packet is 14 pages long and contains 93 questions, which might be daunting as a single assignment; therefore, consider breaking up the worksheets into several assignments
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides multiple-choice questions for learners to narrow their options
- A great way to encourage critical thinking