This Constructing a Congruent Angle assessment also includes:
Is your class confounded by congruency? Find out using a fast, fun formative assessment. Learners must construct a congruent angle using the proper tools, then explain their thought processes. The included rubric contains information to help you help them by highlighting common misconceptions and suggesting questions to get them on track.
- Can they explain their thinking? Challenge your "got it" crowd to describe how they constructed their angle using the correct terms and theorems
- Make sure pupils have access to rulers and compasses for the assessment
- Requires prior knowledge of congruent angles and the difference between using a protractor and a compass to construct geometric figures
- The rubric examines low, medium, and high levels of skill and provides tips for assisting each group
- Teachers can quickly assess understanding by using one well-designed question
- Resource can be used as a quiz or homework assignment, depending upon your needs