This Confirming the Termination of Japanese Internment During World War II worksheet also includes:
- Primary Source
- Join to access all included materials
What words did President Gerald Ford use to describe the end of internment for Japanese Americans in the United States in 1974? Your pupils will read President Ford's direct proclamation and answer questions to analyze the tone and details of the text.
- Pupils should understand the historical context of the document, including major events of World War II and the initial policies of Japanese internment, before beginning this worksheet
- Full text of Ford's proclamation included
- Includes both text-based and discussion questions
- Discussion questions will require further scaffolding and information by instructor in order to encourage thorough responses