How is that thing like that other thing? And how are they both like something else? Get specific with a concept map that provides space for a main concept, its attributes, the category in which it belongs, and what other ideas belong in the same category.
- Use in a vocabulary unit or when discussing key terms from a nonfiction text
- Have blank copies of the worksheet available for class members to use as needed
- Worksheet uses cousins to define related ideas; be sure that class members understand the term in this context
- Labels make it easy for learners of all levels to complete the worksheet
- Promotes close reading and critical thinking