This Comparing Distributions assessment also includes:
Pupils compare histograms of test scores of two data sets. The scholars describe any similarities and differences of the distributions, paying attention to shape, center, and spread. In the process, the learners determine which set of test scores was better.
- Question the class on what measure of center would be best to describe the two data sets based on the distributions
- The class should be familiar with shape, center, and spread of data distributions
- Individuals need to know how to read histograms
- The rubric contains examples of work showing the different levels of understanding
- Provides instructional suggestions based on misconceptions