This Community Soundscapes lesson plan also includes:
Acoustic surveys aren't limited to the rainforest or performing arts venues. The final lesson of three has scholars design their own acoustic surveys of a local habitat. Options include natural, urban, and even the school environment. After analysis, they share their data through a story map or other digital means.
- Brainstorm with the class about different design ideas, such as a group of people recording at the same time in different places, a group of people recording in the same place at different times, etc.
- Encourage scholars to record their GPS locations for accurate location results
- Relies heavily on knowledge from the first two lessons in the series
- Offers ideas for multiple ways to design the survey
- Lists free software suggestions
- Provides a tutorial for Audacity