This Community Helpers on Parade lesson plan also includes:
What do community helpers do? Teach young elementary learners about the duties of firefighters, police officers, paramedics, nurses, teachers, and other community helpers with a fun discussion and helper parade.
6 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Bring in (or have students make) community helper costumes for the final parade
- Invite parents who have community jobs, or helpers in the community, to come in and talk to the class about what they do
- Requires the teacher to locate or create cards that feature images of community helpers performing their jobs
- Provides options to scaffold and differentiate the lesson for advanced students, struggling readers, and English learners
- Blends creative play and social studies curriculum