This Cold War lesson plan also includes:
Who was primarily responsible for the Cold War—the United States or the Soviet Union? Your young historians will answer a question by looking closely at Cold War documents, which are provided in this resource alongside guiding questions and a PowerPoint presentation.
- Consider setting the primary source documents around the room in the form of learning stations for larger classes and a more mobile activity
- Brief presentation only consists of images to supplement process of analyzing primary source documents
- Excellent resource for primary source analysis
- Primary documents include excerpts from the Iron Curtain Speech, the Truman Doctrine, and telegram from a Soviet ambassador
- Includes timeline of early Cold War events, beginning with the Yalta conference and up to Mao Zedong's takeover of communist China and the explosion of the atomic bomb