This Cold War Paragraph activity & project also includes:
By the end of the 1970s, who was "winning" the Cold War? Your young historians will make an argument on this topic in a very well structured paragraph, focusing on either the political, technological, or economic competition between the United States and the Soviet Union.
- Consider having learners write and publish their paragraphs using an online platform, offering opportunities for peer feedback or faster grading
- Learners should have strong research skills and be familiar with making parenthetical citations, such as in MLA style
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes interesting list of political/technological/economic topics to discuss for focus question
- Excellent materials included on outlining a paragraph to include a topic sentence, concrete details, and analysis
- Worksheet breaks down Cold War paragraph into sentence frames, which will really support English language development