While most sea anemones move slowly along rocks, Stomphia swim to escape predators. Viewers see a sea star sneak up on an anemone ready to attack. The unsuspecting anemone retaliates quickly and swims away awkwardly as part of a larger series of videos.
- Research what sea stars eat
- Create a Venn diagram of the types of cnidarians and their habits, such as swimming and defense methods
- Video permits streaming or downloading
- Requires very little class time to share
- Shows an interaction rarely observed in nature