This Classroom Activities for Understanding Immigration activity & project also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
To build an understanding of and empathy for the issues surrounding immigration, class members engage in a series of activities that ask them to research their own family's immigration history and examine current events to track refugee situations.
- Begin with the historical perspective activity that asks individuals to research the immigration experience of their family or of someone they know
- While the 2004 resource does not reflect the current immigration debated, it is designed to create empathy for immigrants and refugees
- The two-page resource suggest multiple activities that build an understanding of immigration issues
- No detailed plans are included