This Civil Rights Movement: Civil Rights for All lesson plan also includes:
The Civil Rights Movement was only the beginning. Using images and a series of queries, learners consider current fights for equality. After viewing video clips profiling the women's rights movement, the American Indian Movement, and Cesar Chavez, they explore how social movements continue to be a powerful force.
- Use the video activity to explore the influence of the Civil Rights Movement on today's social justice efforts
- Class members need background knowledge of the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and 1960s for context
- Pupils need access to computers or other materials for research
- Images are intriguing and promote reflection
- Inquiry-based activity helps budding historians consider the impact of history on current events
- Some of the links to videos are no longer active