What is the difference between lawful protest and civil disobedience? Why is the difference important? A 16-slide presentation clearly defines the differences and presents strategies for nonviolent resistance.
16 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- After the pair-share activity, generate a class list of current issues Thoreau may have protested
- Have writers consider the consequences they might face as a result of their actions in their reflection on civil disobedience
- Presentation works best in the context of a study of Thoreau's essay or as part of a unit on civil rights
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes key arguments for civil disobedience and the goals of such acts