This Circle of Pong lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
A STEM activity presents a simulation of placing a scientific instrument in a lava flow. Teams design and build a device that can place a ping pong ball in a cup from a distance of at least three feet. They test and refine the device before demonstrating it to the class and reflecting upon its design.
- Increase the rigor of the activity by requiring the device to work with balls of varying masses
- Have groups sketch their devices before labeling the different parts and their purpose
- Requires a test site that has a six-foot diameter
- Includes links to websites to gain more information about kinetic and potential energy
- Uses a three-step design process to keep the activity short