This Christa's Lost Lesson: Walking Rainbow lesson plan also includes:
What colors exist in the rainbow? Pupils explore primary and secondary colors in one part of the series called Christa's Lost Lessons series by mixing colored water and creating a walking rainbow. They perform an experiment to learn about properties of water such as capillary action, cohesion, and adhesion and gain a better understanding by completing a paper chromatography activity.
- Have pupils test different shades of colors (light red versus dark red) to see the effects of color mixing
- Ask where in their everyday lives learners see mixtures of colors and create digital rainbow posters of examples
- May require a few materials not typically found in the classroom
- Requires some teacher set up
- Engaging activity for young learners
- Contains a mathematics option