This Choosing a Story Idea for a Narrative video also includes:
Decisions, decisions. Now that young writers have brainstormed ideas for a personal narrative, it's time to decide which one to write about. Follow along as the instructor explores the thought process involved in choosing the topic that will make the most interesting story. To support the class with this step in the writing process, consider creating a list of questions to guide students as they think about different topics for their writing.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- The process for choosing a writing topic is clearly modeled with examples young learners can relate to
- Describes a common mistake for learners to avoid when writing personal narratives
- Lesson is adaptable to Common Core writing standards across the upper-elementary grade levels
- Requires differentiation to meet the learning needs of all young writers