This Chernobyl: A Story from Inside a Nuclear Disaster Area worksheet also includes:
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
On April 26, 1986, the worst nuclear disaster in history occurred at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine. After reading an interview surrounding the aftermath of the event, your learners will then discuss how disasters can be prevented, the value of nuclear energy, and the costs and benefits of technology.
- If you'd like to continue studying the theme of technology and its costs/benefits, this resource's publisher has produced several worksheets with other informational texts to analyze (see additional materials for URL)
- Complete text of interview included
- Great worksheet to supplement study of nuclear energy or news media analysis
- Learners will need more information to adequately respond to the discussion questions. For example, to answer question #2, class members would need to research the efficacy and costs of coal and oil versus nuclear energy