This Capstone Performance Task lesson plan also includes:
One skill is sure to make young entrepreneurs successful: maximizing profit. Assess learning of relationships between quantities and reasoning using equations. A businessman sells two sizes of boomerangs for different prices, and learners must determine which one produces the most profit.
- Spread task out over a few days by giving one sample responses each day for homework/individual reflection
- Print handouts before the lesson
- Set aside time to mark up initial responses for immediate feedback
- Promotes higher-level thinking skills
- Provides assessment at different cognitive levels
- Application to real-world skills needed to manage a small business