This Can You Hear Me Now? Using Cell Phone Signals to Divide Complex Numbers lesson plan also includes:
Without complex numbers, cell phones could not function. Scholars learn to divide complex numbers by applying them to the wavelengths of cell phone signals. They work to develop a method of division incorporating the conjugate. Then, through a collaborative activity, pairs work on practice problems.
- Use the closure activity as a check for understanding to guide planning for the follow-up lesson
- Individuals must already be proficient multiplying complex numbers to be successful with this lesson
- Requires whiteboard space or small whiteboards
- Connects learning to a meaningful real-life application
- Includes sufficient practice