This Calorie Expenditure Assessment handout & reference also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Discover how many calories you burn on average through activities like rock climbing, swimming, tennis, and volleyball with this calorie expenditure worksheet. The document encourages learners to draw connections between nutrition and physical activity, evaluating how many calories can be consumed in a typical meal and how many minutes of activity are required to burn those calories off.
- Couple this with a lesson/worksheet on calorie intake and how to read nutritional labels
- Remember to discuss how many calories are burned for sedentary activity, and how this will differ according to age, gender, and body size
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Chart details calories burned for a wide variety of activities, including stair climbing, rowing, roller skating, and calisthenics
- Can download and edit document