There's a big difference between a comfortable campfire and a raging forest fire, but they both often start in the same ways. Follow a forest maze that leads to either a controlled burn that extinguishes easily, or a large, uncontrollable wildfire, and learn about the best ways to prevent fire damage to the forest.
- Have learners write a summary of the information they've learned about fire prevention and extinguishing
- Encourage your class to make a handy card to carry around with instructions for putting out fires, and to hand out copies to fellow campers
- Bring the worksheet to your unit on forests, fire safety, or when preparing for a class camping trip
- Worksheet is in color and is best used in color, rather than black and white; consider laminating the page for multiple uses
- Some readers may need help navigating the maze
- Provides lots of helpful and applicable tips
- Maze is engaging and promotes critical thinking