This Bubble Gum Bubbles Lab lesson plan also includes:
Does flavor affect bubble size? Pupils collect the size of bubbles they blow before and after the flavor of the gum is gone. Using the data, they create graphs and calculate numerical summaries. The learners make a comparison between the two data sets to arrive at a conclusion about the effects of flavor on bubble size.
- Conduct a discussion on how to use calculated statistics to compare two data sets
- Individuals should know how to calculate and interpret the standard deviation
- The class should be familiar with creating graphs of discrete data
- Contains a lab sheet to help organize data
- Provides a method to measure the size of bubbles