The name of a chemical compound provides a lot of critical information. Learners explore the different naming conventions for naming ionic and covalent compounds as a part of the Chemistry PowerPoints series. They practice with a variety of examples, then learn about the different types of chemical reactions and compare generic equations to real examples.
- Use a Think-Pair-Share strategy with the embedded practice problems
- Have each scholar create equations or compound examples and then pair with another learner to solve
- Easy to use with other presentations in the series or as a standalone
- Contains many opportunities for guided practice
- Information is well organized and easy to follow