Tim Tyson's Blood Done Sign My Name is the anchor text in a unit study of the history of race relations and the civil rights struggle in the South. The 11 lessons are richly detailed and the unit deserves a space in your curriculum library.
90 Views 69 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Extend the study by asking individuals or groups to do further research using the topics listed on the last page of the resource
- Requires a class set of Tim Tyson's Blood Done Sign My Name
- The resource comes with the caution that lessons "require a classroom where controversial topics can be safely addressed"
- Although specifically designed for North Carolina schools, the unit may be used in any classroom
- Eighty-page packet includes detailed plans, worksheets, images, activities, exercises, and a chapter-by-chapter list of topics for further research