This Black and White in United States History: A Gray Area lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Compare and contrast old and modern historical accounts of the life of Thomas Jefferson. Learners begin by evaluating the responsibilities of history textbooks in reporting historical events, people, and eras. Next, they discuss how new information should be used to enhance the information contained in standard texts.
- Use the exercise as a critical thinking activity for your class
- Connect the lesson between language arts and social studies
- Encourages analytical thinking and close reading
- Includes extension activities and interdisciplinary connections