This Biosphere—Building a Balanced World lesson plan also includes:
There is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800,000 years. In a biodiversity activity, scholars explore the gases that make up the atmosphere. Through an experiment, participants see how plants remove carbon dioxide in the atmosphere through photosynthesis and discuss global warming. It is the 6th activity in a series of 10.
- Activity fits in a unit on global warming, photosynthesis, or effects of human impacts on environments
- Materials include Elodea plus other scientific equipment
- Activity assumes learners understand photosynthesis
- Provides all handouts and keys
- Includes a follow-through activity and extension
- Link for follow-through activity does not work