This Big Math and Fries lesson plan also includes:
How nutritious is fast food? Scholars apply percents to determine the percent calories from fat, carbohydrates, and protein. They then try to find meal combinations that meet daily nutrition requirements—which is kind of hard to do with fast food meals!
- Collaborate with a health teacher or biology teacher for the lesson
- Learners should have an understanding of percents
- Note that the lesson focuses on a specific dieting method, which some parents/guardians may have issues with
- Lists some questions to use during discussion
- Includes a printable activity sheet
- Provided nutrition requirements are for adults, not for children, so it may not be relevant to middle school pupils