This Beyond the Gold—The Alaska Gold Rushes lesson plan also includes:
Inquiry, investigation, and research are the hallmarks of a lesson that asks class members to examine a variety of primary and secondary sources about the Alaskan gold rushes. Groups then present their findings in the form of a play, a song, an interview, a sculpture, or an interpretive dance.
- Present the descriptions of the five activities and have individuals indicate their preference
- The five activities are designed to target various learning styles
- Appropriate for history, economics, and environmental studies
- The eight-page packet includes a list of teacher resources, resources and handouts for learners, activities, extensions, and a link to the seminar rubric
- Rubrics are not provided for the various activities
- Beware the typos, spelling, and usage errors in the reading passages