This Becoming an Upstander Means Taking Risks lesson plan also includes:
The classic movie The Wizard of Oz includes a scene where Lion bullies Tin Man until Dorothy, an upstander, intervenes. Pupils discuss what it means to stand up to bullies with an interactive risk activity before working in groups to create and present a scene about bullying.
- Introduce the lesson vocabulary prior to instruction
- Includes a brief video
- Requires four index cards and one marker per student
- Website requires a free account to access all materials
- Provides strategies for diverse learners
- Includes bright and colorful posters promoting kindness