This Basic Biochemistry - Carbohydrate, Protein and Fat presentation also includes:
You are what you eat, right down to your molecular structure. A hearty presentation begins with the two types of carbohydrates, simple and complex. Then it details proteins and amino acids. It ends by reviewing the three types of fats, saturated, mono-unsaturated, and poly-unsaturated.
- Bring in some food labels to connect to the carbs, proteins, and fats
- Challenge students to draw a carbohydrate, protein, and a fat in order to contrast their different molecular structures
- Requires prior knowledge of molecular models and chemical bonds
- Presentation covers the second half of the material in the chapter
- Provides the presentation in multiple formats
- Includes molecular model diagrams in a few different forms so scholars become comfortable reading them all