This Bananas: A Modern Example of Fungus Destruction lesson plan also includes:
What do you call a shoe made from a banana? A slipper! The lesson begins by having pupils read an article on Panama disease and the impact it is having on bananas. After answering questions, scholars compare the situation of the bananas to that of the American Chestnut.
- Ask pupils why it is important that they read peer-reviewed articles for scientific knowledge
- Relies on knowledge from the first lesson in the series
- Print copies of the article so you are not relying on the Internet connection during the lesson
- Includes a modification idea
- Provides worksheets in both PDF and doc formats, so you can edit to fit your needs
- Does not include any hands-on activities to engage pupils