This Balancing Human Rights lesson plan also includes:
Everyone appreciates human rights, but what happens if the rights of an individual conflict with the rights of the larger group? Scholars explore real-life scenarios and debate when to limit rights and when to strictly enforce them. The 10th lesson plan in the 12-part series stresses the complexity of ethical issues as they relate to human rights.
- Compare students' rights in three very different countries
- Because the site is based out of Great Britain, it may include content applicable only to GB
- Relies on prior knowledge from each of the previous lessons in the series
- Provides many useful links for additional research
- Includes tips for differentiation, preparation, and planning