This Argumentative Writing activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Using the engaging resource, scholars work with peers to research a lawsuit or proposed bill and write collaborative response essays. Additionally, pupils read a letter and complete a RAFT activity to analyze the author's role, audience, format, and topic.
- Assign roles to members within peer writing groups, such as researcher, note-taker, and presenter
- Requires pens and highlighters for annotating the text
- Learners should have access to a library or the Internet to conduct research
- Incorporates several learning strategies, such as close reading, RAFT, and brainstorming
- Fosters student collaboration with discussion groups, think-pair-share, and peer editing