This Area and Circumference 3 assessment also includes:
Use the previous assumptions to derive the commonly known formulas. The resource provides the prior assumptions, and pupils use these assumed facts to derive the familiar formulas for the area and circumference of a circle. The scholars also show the relationship known as pi.
- Provide practice of manipulating equations with only variables
- Remind class members to derive a formula, one starts with the given and ends with the formula not the other way around
- The resource is the third in a series of assessment on informal arguments of the area and circumference formulas for circles
- Describes individual misconceptions at different levels
- Provides instructional suggestions for struggling learners