This Antigone's Civil Disobedience lesson plan also includes:
What do Antigone and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. have in common? Apply the concept of civil disobedience to a class reading of Antigone with a lesson on the famous Greek tragedy and its headstrong, justice-minded protagonist.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Connect with a social studies unit about civil disobedience and historical examples of non-violent protest
- Have learners present their arguments in a debate form
- Designed for the end of an Antigone unit
- Provides links to differentiation and extension options
- Connects the themes of a Greek tragedy to more modern examples in history