Can't afford a trip to Greece? Why not take a virtual tour? Read or listen to audio narration as you explore a 3-D model of the Parthenon, ride along with the soldiers hidden within the Trojan Horse, and consider the lasting achievements of this incredible culture.
The index includes Great Greece!, Awesome Athens, Greek Folk, The Sporting Life: The Olympics, The Trojan Horse, Lasting Achievements, Digging Up the Past, Activities, Quizzes, and Resources
- Tap the plus sign to learn more about a picture
- Tap the X to close a pop-up
- Tap the arrow to watch a video
- Tap the speaker to listen to the audio
- Swipe the arrow to move forward or spin
- Tap anywhere on the screen to continue
- At the end of a section, return to the index to select a new category or continue through the sections in order
Connect a tablet to a projector so that the whole class can engage the content at the same time. Groups or individuals could then select a topic to research in greater depth.
This app would work best as an overview; the lack of detail and depth means there is little to draw learners back for a second look.
- Index includes a wide variety of topics
- The app would serve as a general introduction to Ancient Greece
- The Resources page lists websites and books for those who would like more information
- Each section has expandable contents to permit further exploration
- Easy to navigate
- Quizzes and games lack depth
- The "Check It Out!" quizzes are trivia-style questions that have nothing to do with the corresponding text
- Only one 5-question quiz
- Only one jigsaw puzzle
- The word scramble must be done on paper
- Little to draw a user back to the app